EMS is an international postal Express Mail Service, for documents and merchandise, offered by postal operators of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) connecting more than 180 countries and territories worldwide.
A priority express service
– EMS takes priority over other postal services.
– The EMS global network has the most customer access points in the world, based on Post Office counters.
Largest delivery network worldwide
– EMS postal operators have the largest last mile coverage worldwide supported by the postal delivery network to reach every business and citizen in the world.
The EMS Contract Service
This is the easiest and most convenient way to send and receive mail anywhere in Uganda and the World. You have the option of a pre-paid or post-paid contract with EMS to convey your mail on a regular basis.
We have two payment options:
A specified amount of money is deposited with Posta and the account will be reduced by the amount due to Posta whenever mail is posted. A statement of transactions will then be prepared at the end of each month.
2) Post Paid
Posta Uganda would send a detailed transactions invoice at the end of every month.
We offer a regular business collection and delivery service.
Pick up is at no cost to you.
EMS guarantees same day delivery within Kampala and delivery within 48 hours, anywhere in Uganda.
All EMS delivery items are automatically compensated against loss or damage.
Tracking/Tracing & Proof of Delivery
For international deliveries, we have Track and Trace facilities, which enable tracking the progress of mail sent until they reach the recipient. We provide proof of delivery for domestic items sent.
Service Packages offered
1) Contractual Service Package: This package is specifically designed for customers dealing in bulk mail. With this package customers enter into an agreement with EMS and are billed at the end of the month. This package comes with a bonus free pick-up service and special rates.
2) The ‘M’-Bag Service Package: This service ensures total security of mail between the drop off office and its final destination. Mail is delivered in special bags with a locking facility, which ensures that your mail is secure. This package is recommended for contractual customers.
3) On Demand Service Package: Under this package, a customer simply calls on the nearest EMS office and pays as they post their particulars. This service does not require one to sign any agreements with EMS.