Box Rental Services
The Box Rental Service provides you with a private letterbox through which you can receive your correspondence. All you have to do is to rent the box at the set price.
How to get a personal P.O Box Number?
Go to the Post Office of your choice fill out an application form, you will immediately be allocated a P.O Box Number.
How much does a P.O Box cost?
Annual Rental costs are as follows:
New Box Rental Tarrifs [Click here to View]
Customer letterbox information
Renting a letter box:
- The box rental is pre-payable annually on the first day of the month in which the box was allocated. Payments must be made within 21 days from the date when the tenancy expired. Failure to pay rental for the box may result into forfeiture and consequently re-allocation of the box.
- Currently a small box is rented at Ushs 35,100/- and a big box is rented at Ushs 46,800/- per year.
- Upon renting a private letterbox you will be issued with a renter's authority card. The card may from time to time be requested for when taking valuables at our counters.
- For your own convenience you are requested to open your letters outside the boxes area. Opening /reading letters in this area may lead to you being unnecessarily questioned by the security officials.
- For security purposes no external items should be kept or placed in your box.
Dealing with wrongly addressed mail in your letterbox:
- Letters found in your box addressed to persons you don't know should not be taken or destroyed.
- You should:
- First cancel the box number.
- Where possible indicate the reason for doing so e.g. Unknown, wrong number, left the country, died etc.
- You are then requested to place such letters in the wrongly addressed wooden boxes provided in the box area.
- Below are some of the reasons why a letter not belonging to you may be found in your box
- Your box may be reissued and the letter may belong to a previous owner.
- The wrong address may have been used by the sender Note: The above are the more likely reasons for finding unfamiliar letters in your letterbox this does not suggest sharing of the box.
Security of your letterbox:
- Remember to always lock your letterbox.
- Place your key in a secure place
- Please report any perceived mail violation
Replacement of lost keys::
- Replacement of the lock upon loss of keys will be done at a fee. A lock with one key costs shs. 20,000/= and a second key costs 5,000/=.
- If your lock becomes faulty, the pre replacement will be done free of charge.(However there must be written authority from the renter)